Kirsten Dunst photographed by Yelena Yemchuk.
WAR PHOTOGRAPHY X VINTAGE COMICS PROJECT BY BUTCHER BILLY
Brazil, Curitiba-based Art Direction Butcher Billy (tumblr) - "The visual experiment ended up bringing different results to each piece - from giving a whole new meaning to the picture by modifying the original concept, to reinforcing the same idea by making clear just how the elements were influenced by the history depicted in the photos, or even saying a lot about the psychology behind fiction and reality. While we see the contrast between the black and white photos and the colorful vintage comic books elements, it’s interesting to notice how the superheroes and supervillains world was actually "black and white" in a metaphoric way, while the strong war scenes are established in the real world, where the grey shaded line between good and evil isn’t always clear."
- Original: by Joe Rosenthal, 1945, Iwo Jima.
- Original: “Falling Soldier”, Spanish Civil War, 1936, by Robert Capa.
- WWI, photographer unknown.
- Original: “General Nguyen Ngoc Loan Executing a Viet Cong prisoner”, Vietnam, 1968, by Eddie Adams.
- Original: “Napalm Girl”, Vietnam, 1972, by Nick Ut.
- Vietnam War protest in Philadelphia, back in the 70’s. Photographer unknown.
- American Soldiers Blowing Up a Japanese Bunker - Original by W. Eugene Smith, Iwo Jima, 1945.
- Original by Max Alpert, depicting WWII Battalion Commander A. Yeremenko leading his soldiers to the assault.
- Original: “Raising a flag over the Reichstag”, World War II Battle of Berlin, 1945, by Yevgeny Khaldei.
She is indeed, most wondrous fair. Gold of sunshine in her hair, lips that shame the red red rose. In ageless sleep, she finds repose. The years roll by, but a hundred years to a steadfast heart, are but a day. And now, the gates of a dungeon part, and our prince is free to go his way. Off he rides, on his noble steed, a valiant figure, straight and tall! To wake his love, with love’s first kiss. And prove that true love conquers all!
"I’m the scumbag outlaw and you’re the pillar of justice, but neither one of us likes looking at ourselves in the mirror."
“Maybe you are a natural witch. Your power comes from within.”movies that get me in the halloween mood
The Craft (1996)
It all boiled down to one inevitable conclusion. I was just totally clueless.